Friday, June 17, 2011

Styling Event -- Futuristic

I was completely blown away by the creativity of the outfits for this event, and thoroughly humbled at the same time in my own efforts.  As promised (and mea culpa for getting the dates a bit mixed up on this event!), here is a picture of what I wore--behold, Princess Aura from "Flash Gordon"!



While the outfit was a lot of fun to create (I made everything but the hair and the shoes), it turned out to be considered a bit more "off theme" than I'd thought.  A tip for anybody who's considering entering these styling events--ALWAYS ask about your scores and feedback!  Yes, it may be a bit nerve-wracking but how else are you going to know where you can improve?



I wish there were a better way to take a group picture of everyone participating at these events, because some of the costumes are well and truly amazing. 

No comments: